Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Near-Death by Hong Kong


This last weekend I went to Hong Kong with my traveling buddies, Amy and Adrienne.  On this trip I suffered: exhaustion, sunburn (and probably sun poisoning), intoxication, foot cramps, and an empty wallet.  Oh, and I lost my Wake hat.  

The verdict: Totally worth it.

Then again, I'm such a nerd, just seeing the IFC buildings from The Dark Knight made it worthwhile (see picture; FYI, Batman jumped and glided from the taller building to the smaller one.)  That's not to mention the wonderful view from Victoria peak and refreshingly laid-back social scene.  Just the outstanding bars in Soho and Lan Kwai Fong alone make it an expat's paradise.

Of course Hong Kong is a very western city and not really part of China proper.  And because of the huge number of Europeans and Americans I dwindled back to "slightly less than average" height.  Still it was nice not to be stared at for an entire weekend.

Leb Wohl

No comments:

Post a Comment